Choosing a therapist can be overwhelming. There are so many out there. How do you know which therapist can help you with your unique set of struggles and strengths?
I'm probably the therapist for you if:
- You're ready to figure your shit out.
- You're a little bit skeptical and snarky.
- You are secretly hungry for a little nurturing but also a little afraid of it.
- You appreciate honesty with a dollop of laughter.
- You want someone who isn't afraid to go with you into your dark and scary places.
- You appreciate the beauty of a well used cuss word.
- You are interested in spirituality and how it informs your life but aren't looking for other people's answers.
- You want to focus on what is working as much as what isn't working.
Therapy changed my life for the better and ignited in me the desire help others live better lives.
Some Random Facts About Me
- My name is Robbie. My real name is Roberta but my parents felt like that name was too big for a small baby so they called me Robbie and it stuck.
- I was born in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Yes, the same town made famous by the song, "Okie from Muskogee" by the late Merle Haggard.
- I love to travel–love it. It gets me out of my head and forces me to focus on getting my basic needs met: Where are we going to sleep? What are we going to eat? What kind of adventure can we find? Throw in some history, and I'm in heaven.
- We have two Shih-Tzus–Willie and Tovah. They look like Ewoks. I have to admit, sometimes I can't resist dressing them up.
The Important But Boring Stuff
I graduated with honors from St. Edward's University with a Master of Arts in Counseling in 2014. I also have a Master of Divinity from Austin Presbyterian Seminary. I have a Bachelor of Arts in English with a minor in Women's Studies.
I love learning and am continually studying, reading, and exploring new ideas and ways of healing.
I am licensed by the State of Texas as a Licensed Professional Counselor-Intern. This means that I hold a Master of Arts in Counseling.
I am working toward accruing 3,000 hours of supervised work under the supervision of Candyce-Ossefort-Russell. You can contact Candyce at 512-789-6244 or 2124 Bluebonnet Lane, Austin, TX 78704.
I would love to talk with you further about beginning our work together. I offer a free 30-minute phone consultation so we can determine if we are a good fit. Please call me at 512-270-0474.